Saratoga Springs Democratic Committee members and community volunteers are contacting local seniors by phone to check in on their well-being, provide information on available resources, and help arrange for deliveries of groceries and other needs for those who are not able to leave their homes. You can help by sharing the information below and, even better by contacting email@example.com to join this effort yourself.
Below is a listing of local resources available to all New Yorkers looking for support and services related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please use what is appropriate in each case to help those you contact. At the bottom of the page is a link to the Comptroller’s COVID-19 page which includes additional resources.
- NYS Department of Health: 1-888-364-3065
- NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline: 1-844-863-9314
- NYS Department of Labor: 1-888-209-8124
- NYS Office of the Aging: 1-844-697-6321
- Center for People With Disabilities: 1-866-946-9733
- Social Security & Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): 1-800-772-1213
- Franklin Community Center (Food Pantry): 518-587-9826
- Saratoga Hospital: 518-587-322
- Saratoga Springs Police and Fire and DPW: 518-584-1800
Comptroller’s COVID-19 Website with additional resources: Click here.
One of the most gracious gifts is the opportunity to be helpful to others in times of need. YOU have this opportunity! Many members of our community, especially seniors, are anxious and worried, not knowing exactly who to reach out to for help and support during these uncertain times. It will not take a lot of your time, just as much as you may want to give it. Thank you for your support!