With interest in the upcoming election at an all-time high, you can be sure that a lot of folks will be voting this year. Get informed, then make a plan to vote. Here’s a guide to doing just that…
Step 1: MAKE SURE YOU ARE REGISTERED TO VOTE IN YOUR DISTRICT. Find out the status of your NY voter registration using this link: https://voterlookup.elections.ny.gov/
Never voted? Have you moved? Changed your name? Haven’t voted in awhile? Registered in another state and need to register in NY? Then download the Voter Registration Form, complete and sign, then mail it to the Saratoga County Board of Elections, 50 W. High St, Ballston Spa, NY 12020.
Or call the BOE at (518) 885-2249 to request a registration application.
The deadline for registration is October 9.
Step 2: MAKE A PLAN FOR HOW YOU WILL VOTE. THEN SET A DATE/TIME TO VOTE.
A. Vote early in person, October 24 through November 1. We highly recommend voting this way to avoid crowds and possible mail delivery problems. In-person early voting is quick, safe, and easy!
You can vote at any of these three locations in Saratoga County (no matter where you live in the County):
- Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library 475 Moe Road, Clifton Park
- Gavin Park 10 Lewis Drive, Wilton
- Board of Elections 50 W. High Street, Ballston Spa
All in-person voting locations are open for voting the following dates and times:
- Saturday and Sunday, October 24, 25 – 9am-2pm
- Monday, October 26 – 12pm-8pm
- Tuesday, October 27- 9am-5pm
- Wednesday, October 28 – 12pm-8pm
- Thursday and Friday, October 29, 30 – 9am-5pm
- Saturday and Sunday, October 31 and November 1 – 9am-2pm
Further information on early voting from the BOE is available here.
B. Request an Absentee Ballot, complete the ballot and mail it back or hand deliver it to the Board of Elections. In 2020, all registered New York voters are allowed to vote by mail.
Click here for an absentee ballot application for military and overseas voters.
If you are a voter with special needs, click here for an Accessible Electronic Absentee Ballot Application.
- If you are requesting an absentee ballot to avoid the spread of COVID-19, check “Temporary Illness” in box 1 of the application.
- You can submit your absentee ballot application postmarked no later than October 27, and submit your actual absentee ballot postmarked as late as November 3, but we strongly advise mailing early to avoid postal delays, or else voting or dropping off your completed ballot in person at the Board of Elections, 50 W. High Street, Ballston Spa.
More information about absentee voting is here.
C. Vote on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3 from 6:00am to 9:00pm. Find your polling place here.
Step 3: ENCOURAGE YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO GET READY TO VOTE!
Step 4: DO YOUR PLAN AND VOTE! And be proud!