“The vote is the most powerful nonviolent tool we have.”
“Resistance isn’t enough. If we want change, we have to get out the vote.”
“Every election is determined by the people who show up.”
Larry J. Sabato
The Saratoga Springs Democratic Committee is committed to ensuring voters have the information and the tools available to vote in every election – because every election counts!
The next General Election is Tuesday November 2, 2021. Polls will be open from 6am to 9pm.
Here are important deadlines to know for the 2021 General Election:
- Registering to vote for the first time: October 8
- Submit an address change: October 13
- To change your address, fill out and mail a voter registration form to your County Board of Elections. Your new address will go in box 8.
If you wish to vote by Absentee Ballot:
- Click here to download an absentee ballot application.
- Applications submitted by mail must be postmarked by October 18
- Applications submitted in-person must be received no later than November 1
- If you return your voted absentee ballot by mail, it must be postmarked no later than November 2; Saratoga County Board of Elections (BOE) must receive your ballot by November 9.
- If you return your voted absentee ballot in-person, it must be received no later than November 2 by close of polls at 9pm.
- Election mail does not get forwarded. Be sure to provide your direct mailing address for your absentee ballot or it will be returned back to the BOE.
- If you are dropping your absentee ballot off in-person, you do not need a stamp. If you are mailing your absentee ballot, only one stamp is required.
- You do not need to return your absentee ballot if you wish to vote in-person.
- In order to check on the status of your absentee ballot, you must call the BOE and ask.
If you wish to vote by Early Voting:
Early voting will be available October 23 – 31. Here is information from the Saratoga County Board of Elections:
Here is a handy map to identify your district and a list of polling locations. Polling locations change from time to time and there are fewer options for early voting; if you have any questions please contact the Saratoga County Board of Elections.